Yoga at Home & Work with Aarona
- guarantee that you maintain a steady practice so that you feel and see lasting results
- strengthen your core, tone your body, and create more flexibility in your joints
- greatly decrease your stress levels and improve overall wellbeing
- bring greater focus and productivity
- promote longevity and a youthful appearance
- help you sleep better at night so you wake up feeling fresh
- refine your relationship with your body and it's needs
- improve your breathing and support your nervous system
- clear up or greatly decrease any physical discomfort
- improve digestion and the assimilation of nutrients
- support emotional and mental balance
- improve circulation and oxygen flow
- massage & rejuvenate the guts/internal organs
- relax the nervous system & boost immune response
- support and stimulate the function of the thymus gland
- improve flow of the sinuses & flush out mucous from the lungs
When can we start?!
Yoga poses you can try out at work or home anytime!
It's 3pm, you're at work and feeling zonked. You can eat a crappy cookie and drink a diet coke and be sure to feel even worse in an hour. OR you can drink some water and then do this (you can do them standing or sitting in your chair!):
Arm Stretch: Bring your arms behind your back, interlace your fingers together (or use a scarf/towel if your shoulders are too tight). Squeeze your hands and shoulders towards one another as you lift your sternum. Breath deeply into your chest. Hold this pose for 30-45 seconds, relax, and repeat.
Side Stretch: Extend your right arm straight up and let your left arm dangle at your side. Take a deep breath in, and as you exhale stretch straight over to your left side, stretching open your right rib cage and making the shape of a crescent moon. Breath 3-5 breaths. Switch sides.
Chair Twist: Sit on the edge of your chair facing sideways. Place feet on the floor and have your knees and feet touching. Place your hands on the back of your chair. Inhale as you straighten your spine up tall, exhale twist toward the back of the chair, using your hands to pull yourself deeper. Repeat this with the breath a few times and then switches sides. Be sure to keep your hips anchored in the chair as your whole spine spirals open.
Elbow/Wrist Rotations: Extend your arms straight out in front of you, shoulder height, and spread open your fingers. Make soft fists with your hands, thumbs inside fist. Take a nice deep breath in - as you exhale bend your elbows out to each side, pulling your fists towards your chest. Lift fists up, move fists away from you, down, and back around again. You are making big circular rotations from elbows to fists. Let your breath be deep and rhythmic. Do 10 circles and then switch the direction of your circle.
Newsletter Sign Up
" - Joe Treger